Sunday, September 11, 2005

An Avid Military Supporter -- This is Getting Old

I am not sure what it is! I suspect the military is trying to keep the negative press down, which is understandable but not distribute all the facts then having to reveal you knowingly choose this path is doing more harm then good. We have yet another story where the Army changes story about soldier's death -- supporters and non-supporters are solidified you are not going to gain anymore support then you have at this time, but you may certainly loose some. My suggestion, say nothing, which was my unit's response to anything, or tell the whole truth nothing but the truth so help you...... Again, knowingly being deceitful does more harm then good.

Don't get me wrong, I assure you I know better then most that secrecy is a must -- "loose lips sink ships" -- this is why I say "say nothing", silence is the best policy in most cases, attempting to steer a story only to be "found out" is a lousy policy!
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. Army said Saturday it knew for more than a year that 1st Lt. Kenneth Ballard was not killed in action in Iraq, as it initially reported.
The family was not told the truth until Friday.

No comments: