Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is it just me or does McCain's vows of a comeback not sound a little bit like conceding? It might be just me; however, in my opinion the wording seems to declare the election is Obama's to loose... Some excerpts:
Slumping in the polls, Republican presidential candidate John McCain planned to unveil new economic proposals Tuesday aimed at helping middle-class Americans.
[...]
"I know what helplessness feels like. It's an enemy who defeats you will. I felt those things once before. I will never let them in again,"

Now the last comment was referring to McCains Vietnam experience; however, many younger people I talk to could care less about Vietnam if they even remember anything about it. Sure to me, an old veteran myself, it means something; however, how many of us are out there?

Today people are "what are you going to do for me" not "what did you do for me" - It is ashamed, but a politician seeking election needs to realize this and answer their questions, not concede having a hard time doing it.

---Posted via Centro---

No comments: