Saturday, June 26, 2004

Yahoo! News - beheading Fuel Backlash Against Muslims

Yahoo! News - beheading Fuel Backlash Against Muslims

I feel for Muslims in this country; however, I also feel for Americans in IRAQ!

We see stories that show how all races are outraged by the "US Army Prison Abuse". The Islamic community point out our flaws as a nation in dealing with their people.

BUT, where is the out cry when Americans and Koreans are beheaded on Prime Time. In my current situation I am able to watch cable news and read the internet for hours and I have yet to see any Muslim American organization come out and publicly rebuke their "Islamic Brothers". This silence fuels these racist outbursts - if you truly believe the beheadings are an outrage than speak up and make sure your views are covered nationally and heard.

All Americans should be outraged no matter their ethnic background and until people start seeing this type of "NATIONAL" outcry I fear racist sentiment will continue to grow and become uglier by the minute.

No comments: