Wednesday, August 03, 2005

More Desperation

If Democrats celebrating narrow U.S. House loss in Ohio isn't a sign of desperation I don't know what is. It was a "special" election - give me a break.
WASHINGTON (Reuters): Democrats on Wednesday celebrated a closer-than-expected loss in a special House of Representatives race in Ohio and called it a warning sign for Republicans entering the 2006 congressional elections.
But democrats have some bold things to say about this special election -- I actually laughed out loud when I read this next quote.
"Every Republican in Congress should consider himself put on notice," Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said of Tuesday's results.
However, everyone needs to have hope so who am I to dash their hope even it if that hope is based on a "special" election, which historically have erratic turnout providing unreliable data -- by the way, the democrat did loose.

No comments: