Saturday, June 25, 2005

Dubin's Non-Apology

BostonHerald.com - Opinion & Letters: Durbin's wimpy apology...
This was not an apology at all -- Mr. Durbin I was offended and I don't accept your apology unless you choose to apologize for saying it and thinking it -- if you are simply sorry I took offense then it is not an appology... I agree with the writer here; he needs to be "removed from his leadership post".
Having equated the conduct of American soldiers serving as prison guards at Guantanamo Bay to Nazis, Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) finally apologized on the Senate floor this week.
Well, sort of. As apologies go, it was nothing to write home about.
"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line,'' he said. "To them I extend my heartfelt apologies.''
[...]
A party with a real conscience would still insist on removing him from his leadership post.

No comments: