Friday, June 24, 2005

Interesting Story Not Covered in MSM

WorldNetDaily: Allstate terminates manager over homosexuality column
Read the below information and preferably the entire article linked above. Do a Google News search for Matt Barber and see how much of this is covered in the MSM (Mainstream Media). Now suppose the rolls were reversed and a homosexual was fired for writing something on their personal time against Christians -- just use your imagination -- don't want to hurt my job efforts.
'I explained to Allstate that the article was a reflection of my personal Christian beliefs, and that I had every right to both write it and to have it published,' Barber told WND. 'I further explained that I had written the article while at home on my own time, that I never mentioned Allstate's name and that I neither directly nor indirectly suggested that Allstate shared my Christian beliefs or my views on same-sex marriage.'
Three days later, on Feb. 3, Barber, who had worked for Allstate for five years, says he got a call informing him he was fired 'for writing the article,' he said. Now, with the help of the Christian Law Association and David Gibbs III, who represented Terri Schiavo's family in the final weeks of her life, Barber is challenging Allstate in federal court.
[...]
Said the agency's report: "The claimant was discharged from Allstate Insurance Company because an outside organization had complained about an article he had written while on his own time."

The state agency also ruled Barber did not engage in misconduct, saying, "The term misconduct means the deliberate and willful violation of a reasonable rule or policy of the employer. … In this case, the claimant's action which resulted in his discharge was not deliberate and willful."

No comments: