Monday, January 17, 2005

Newt for President - NO!

I have been thinking how to express my thoughts on this subject, but as usual, La Shawn Barber has proven how eloquent a dissension can be written - so I don't need to write anything and simply say DITTO La Shawn Barber.
Now a different kind of Revolution has taken place, one in which Gingrich would be a liability. Lately there’s been talk in the media about his running for the presidency in 2008. I can’t tell you how cringe-worthy that is. And when I heard about his “Walking Tour of God in Washington, D.C.,” I thought, “That’s just what we need. A Republican philanderer lecturing people about God.” (See a transcript from a recent appearance on FOX.)

Why do I react this way? Because I think Gingrich is a man of low character. He served his first wife divorce papers while she was in the hospital suffering from cancer. During Bill Clinton’s impeachment scandal, he’d been cheating on his second wife with one of his staff and told her over the phone while she was attending her mother’s birthday party that he wanted a divorce. I won’t even get into the ethics violations.
You really should read the entire entry here.

No comments: