Monday, March 14, 2005

I Believe God Brought Him

Hostage: 'I believe God brought him to my door':
I have heard people on every cable news network imply that Ashley Smith must have developed feelings for this man -- feelings other than human compassion... This is absurd and I simply mark this up to a demonstration of why there is such a national debate over "religion and faith" -- unfortunately we as a country have simply forgotten or many were never taught the power of faith and of God and my hope is this incident will go far in educating our country.
ATLANTA - For hours, Ashley Smith gently talked to the armed suspect in Atlanta's courthouse slayings, turning from hostage to confidant as they discussed God, family, pancakes and the massive manhunt going on outside her apartment.

'I believe God brought him to my door,' Smith said Sunday, only hours after her 911 call ended a manhunt for Brian Nichols, who is accused of shooting four people since Friday.

Over the course of the night, Nichols untied Smith, and some of the fear lessened as they talked. Nichols told Smith he felt like 'he was already dead,' but Smith urged him to consider the fact that he was still alive a 'miracle.'

No comments: