Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Education Concerns

Well it seems that these teachers aren't that caring in Berkley, CA. Before I get bombarded with "teachers are not paid enough" or "you don't know what they put up with" -- give me a break... I can concede that teachers may not be paid their value, but never thought I was either, and teachers should have known what they were getting into when applying for the job, they are educated. With this said I will support any teacher that is not getting fair wages and try everything in my power to get them more money -- but in this case who are these teachers' actions hurting, the children that teachers "as a profession" profess to care so much about -- this is my point.
BERKELEY, Calif. - Berkeley students aren't getting written homework assignments because teachers are refusing to grade work on their own time after two years with no pay raise.

So far, a black history event had to be canceled and parents had to staff a middle-school science fair because teachers are sticking strictly to the hours they're contracted to work

No comments: