Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Hundreds Re-Enlist

Good story out of Fort Carson, CO about a large re-enlistment ceremony held today. Here are some reasons the soldiers gave:
"I am doing it because of him," said Spc. Chad Mobley, pointing to Spc. Josh Soelzer. "He's like a brother to me."

"I think it is a sense of duty," added her camouflage-clad husband, who will be serving his second tour in Iraq. "I decided I owed it to my boys. I am very proud of being in the Army."

"I wanted to do my part in protecting the nation and the future of my children. I just love the Army. I can't picture myself doing anything else," he said as his 3-year-old son, Dontay, watched from a stroller.
Interesting fact: "The Army says 58,446 soldiers over all re-enlisted in the year ending Sept. 30, 2,000 more than the goal."

No comments: