Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Should Equal Better Customer Service

This is a neat idea - currently none of my Customer Service calls sound as if they are answered in the United States, but we will see if this will be a growing idea... I think it is good because the customer service representative can only be in a "happier spirit". The only downside I see is if you are working through something and a young child or someone the individual is caring for has an emergency - and that would not bother me personally, I don't think, I hope I am a bigger person then that.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - People who reach Esther DeJesus when they call Office Depot Inc.'s customer service center have no idea that she's sitting at home in a room decorated with pictures of Garfield and Betty Boop.

The Orlando, Florida, resident, who works on the retailer's account for call center contractor Willow CSN, is one of a new breed of customer service representative.

Rather than commuting to a crowded office, she puts in 37 to 40 hours a week at home and sets her own schedule.

No comments: